The Empire of Light
New Backgrounds (5e D&D)
- Dockworker Proficiency: Athletics, Intimidation. Tool proficiency: Loading hook, rope; Equipment: Loading Hook, 50’ of hemp rope
- Rancher Proficiency: Animal Handling, Survival, Tool proficiency: rope; Equipment 50’ of silk rope, bad weather clothes, a whip
- Teamster Proficiency: Animal Handling, Intimidation, Tool proficiency: vehicles(land); Equipment: donkey or mule, cart
- Scribe Proficiency: History, Perception; Tool proficiency: Written Luzwen, Equipment: Writing kit (quills and ink), Scribe clothes, Token of office, purse containing 10gp
- Noble Proficiency: History, Perception; Tool proficiency: Writing Kit; Language Proficiency: Written Luzwen; Equipment: A set of fine clothes, a personal seal (a chop), a scroll of pedigree, a purse containing 25 gp.
- Yellow Mountain Acolyte Proficiency: Medicine, Religion; Tool proficiency: Herbalism Kit; Language Proficiency: Written [Luzwen]; Equipment: Herbalism Kit, Monk clothes, staff, begging bowl
- Temple Foundling Proficiency: Religion, Stealth; Tool proficiency: Herbalism Kit; Language Proficiency: Written Luzwen; Equipment: Simple (monk) weapon OR 5gp, Monk clothes, begging bowl
- Swordsman of the Vale Proficiency: Arcana, Stealth; Language Proficiency: Written Luzwen; Equipment: Vale sword (rapier), Monk clothes(gray), Medallion of the Vale,
There are several backgrounds that modify the Soldier background. In each the badge of office carries weight because of what unit it shows you to belong to.
- Imperial Guard Small elite forces that guard the Emperor and his provincial governors and other important administrators. Add 10 gp.
- Freeport Guard. Guard of the most important port of the Empire. Answerable to the Mayor and his designated Sheriff.
- Lucentia Guard. Similar to Freeport. Gain an extra 5 gold
- Other City guard
The following backgrounds gain proficiency with written Luzwen. Acolyte (of a central non-barbarian faith), Hermit, Noble, Sage