The Empire of Light
Proficencies: Athletics, Intimidation
Tool Proficiency: Loading hook
Language: Any spoken language
Equipment: a membership badge for the Dockworker’s Society, a loading hook, 50 feet of hemp rope, a set of common clothes, a pouch containing 10gp
A loading hook is a one-handed weapon that does 1d6 bludgeoning or piercing. It has the attribute heavy. It may also be used as a tool for certain athletics checks for breaking or moving things.
Feature: Loading crew
You can get your dockworker buddies to provide a significant amount of manual labor, and since they are loyal to you, they will come quickly. This will work anywhere within 4 hours travel of the docks at any port city. They can build crude structures, dig ditches or tunnels or move large amounts of almost anything.
- I can barely speak two sentences without saying something very, well, earthy.
- I like things that are exotic and foreign, and I want to learn more about them.
- I don’t give a rats ass for any of these snobby nobles.
- Most people move away from the fight, I move toward it.
- I am passionate in my likes and dislikes.
- I’m slow to trust people who aren’t dockworkers.
- Solidarity My fellow dockworkers sustain me, and I sustain them.
- Generosity If good things happen to me, they happen to my friends, too.
- Strength If we don’t stand up for ourselves, no one will.
- Tolerance All kinds of things come off the boat, and all kinds of people.
- Mutuality We scratch each other’s backs, and everybody feels good.
- Greater Good Everybody’s got to think of the bigger picture.
- I nearly got crushed when the crane slipped, and my buddy saved me, I owe him everything.
- I owe everything to the person who brought me in to the Dockworkers.
- It wasn’t much of a house, but it still hurt when the gangsters burned it because I couldn’t pay my gambling debt.
- I keep an eye on the urchins around the docks so they won’t have to suffer like I did.
- That High Administrator said we broke his stuff just to get out of paying. I’d like to settle the score.
- I love this town. I’ll fight to preserve it.
- I love to play the dice. Some day my luck will turn, I know it.
- I get mad pretty easy.
- Some say I’m too proud for the docks.
- I got a big mouth, and it always seems to be saying the wrong thing.
- I am easily talked into things that later seem dumb
- I collect things that are just lying loose – they need a better home.