The Empire of Light
Proficiencies: Animal Handling, Survival
Tool proficiency: Whip
Equipment: Whip, jewelry carved from animal horns, woodcarving tools, or leatherworking tools, common clothes, purse with 10gp
Type of animal tended
- I like to sleep under the stars at night, and listen to the crickets chirping.
- I watch over my charges like I watch over the herd.
- I find that words are rarely necessary
- I have a pointed story about my herd for every occasion.
- I’m always fiddling with something with my hands, perhaps carving.
- I once talked a stray bull back into his pen
- Responsibility. I will take care of my charges, even when there’s no help around or nobody looking.
- Honor. I will exact justice (or is it revenge?) on anyone who has harmed my charges.
- Greater Good. Everyone has to do their part.
- Might. You gotta be tough to succeed in this business.
- Adapt. Every range and every season is different. You have to keep up with what’s happening
- Loyal. My people (kin, city, race) are all that matter. I’ll never walk away from them.
- My family or kin is the most important thing to me.
- I will protect the herd, or any animals near me.
- I will bring vengeance on the rustlers that stole our animals.
- My honor is my life
- I want to make amends.
- My comrades in arms are worth dying for.
- That monstrous enemy that attacked the ranch still leaves me quivering in fear.
- I fell asleep and the herd was slaughtered and stolen.
- I talk incessantly, and I can hardly keep a secret.
- I love a good, stiff drink. Or two. Three would be excellent.
- I am proud, and resist attempts to help me.
- I’m tired of playing it safe. Life is too short for caution.